Fife Consulting provides stakeholder-engaged strategic planning for all kinds of organizations, adapted to fit the needs and budgetary restrictions of the group. Generally, we like to see the generation of the plan come from the voices of the group. That means our role is to help contextualize, facilitate conversation and coordinate the overall process of planning… which means the actual plan comes from you and yours.
Big or small, non-profit or for-profit, new or old, every business, group and organization needs a plan for the future. Sometimes it is because funders or other external stakeholders are asking for it. Other times it is because the internal team of staff, board and volunteers need to create shared priorities, goals and vision.
Planning is not just writing a document. It is a chance to better engage constituents, funders and investors. It is a chance to develop a singular vision out of many voices. It is a way to introduce change and become more relevant. And it is a way to ensure that daily operations, tactical management and annual strategy remains aligned with the core purpose.
Our planning work can range from a week to a year depending on your need and budget and may include some of the following:
- stakeholder assessment and engagement through surveys, interviews and focus groups
- facilitated board and/or staff retreats and workshops
- review and/or revision of the primary identity statements (mission, vision, values)
- examination of program outcomes and impacts
- analysis of community-served, organizational sustainability and capacity for change
- synthesis of strategic directions, objectives and priorities
- construction of an operational action plan, evaluation plan, budget and timeline
- publication, presentation and distribution of print, web, slideshow and other versions of the plan
Here is a sample of client projects that have included Strategic Planning services:
The Washington Bus, Create Anchorage, Big Medium, Blue Earth Alliance, Teen Tix, Hilltop Artists, FEEST, Austin Creative Alliance